Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Monday 28 April 2014

JASPER AND THE CATBIRD, AND ANOTHER BIRTHDAY


 

I continue to be extremely busy. People ask me what I do with my time now I am retired and in all honesty I struggle to keep up with the things in my life. I am thankful that my life is so full and busy and full of wonderful people.

I love to make things. At the moment I  cannot keep up with all my craft projects.

I made a 'heat frog' for the birthday of P:-)'s eldest son. I am refining the pattern all the time.



Heat frog



Heat frog.


I made M a birthday card with black ink and coloured pencils using Zentangles.

Birthday card.



I didn't manage to finish the monster slippers I was crocheting for M as I ordered the wool and it took a little longer to arrive than I thought it would. I have almost finished one slipper.



Unfinished monster s;ipper.

P:-) and I are going away in our caravan on Wednesday. I might finish the slippers while we are away. I just hope they fit! M is 6 foot 7 inches tall.

On Saturday we had a picnic at Woronora Dam for M's birthday. He turned 36.




Woronora Dam  (Photo Source)




Cutting the birthday cake.

The cake was delicious.


I had Jasper the grand-dog to stay on Thursday night.

On Friday morning a catbird was sitting in the tree outside my window. You have to look hard to see it in this photo. It is just above centre. (I almost put in a better photo taken another day but thought that would be like cheating.)





Catbird in the swamp oak.

For some reason this bird kept hurling itself against my window. It kept Jasper amused for ages. It didn't seem to be bothered by his barking at all but when I walked towards it, it flew away which is why I couldn't get a very good photo. But here are a couple of Jasper barking at the Catbird.


Jasper barking at the Catbird out the window.


P:-) and I plan to go up to Davistown for a week.  I love Davistown. P:-)'s family owns an old fisherman's cottage up there, right on the water.


House at Davistown

The house is a bit decrepit so we take our caravan and camp in the backyard.


Backyard at Davistown


The view from the house across to Empire Bay is beautiful. This was taken at low tide last time we were there.

Across the water to Empire Bay


 I look forward to hearing the Bellbirds as we drive down into Gosford.


Driving down into Gosford

Autumn is my favourite season - lovely weather for camping. So hopefully we will have good weather and I will have some great photos for my next post.

See you then.




 Interesting sites
1.

Pallet house
Photo source
The designers at I-Beam Design created the Pallet House Project because they were inspired by one simple, but unbelievable, fact: 84% of the world’s refugees could be housed with a year’s supply of recycled American pallets. Just based off of a year and a half year of pallet production in the US alone, 33 million refugees could live in a Pallet House. Click here to read more.







2.
World's smallest e-vehicle
Photo source
This cute little bike is  said to be the world's most compact e-vehicle. It's got a twenty mile range on a single charge, a top speed of fifteen miles per hour and it folds small enough to fit next to you on a bus or train. Click here to read more.


3.

The world’s first suspended bicycle roundabout

Photo source
Check out the world’s first suspended bicycle roundabout! Designed by Ipv Delft and located between the localities of Eindhoven, Veldhoven and Meerhoven in the Netherlands, the project encourages a healthier living.  Click here to read more.



1 comment:

  1. What fantastic slippers! I would be more inclined towards slippers but Jasper also likes slippers!!! And M is 6foot 7 ?!?! woooweee they must be some big slippers!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to comment.