Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Wednesday 5 June 2013

UP TO THE YARRA VALLEY



  

Our trip down the Mornington Peninsula was followed two days later by a trip to Warburton in the Yarra Valley. Warburton is a pretty little village on the upper reaches of the Yarra River, surrounded by lush mountain ash forests. It is 72 km east of Melbourne CBD.

Warburton main street


The Yarra River at Warburton

P:-)  and I stopped for coffee and cake. I had a soy latte and a chocolate cherry slice.   Like a thick cherry Ripe. Yummm.(I only allow myself these treats when I am on holidays. Then it is back to a pretty strict diet of no cakes and lollies and lots of vegetables.)

Latta and a slice

After our coffee we went for a stroll by the Yarra River. It is only like a creek at this stage and hard to believe it turns into the wide river that runs through the centre of Melbourne City.

Tufts in the Yarra

Ducks by the Yarra (for Jayne)

But the highlight of the trip was the Forest Gallery - a beautiful walk through temperate rainforest up in the mountain  nearby.

We came across this by chance when our NavMan  incomprehensibly took us through the main street of Warburton and continued up the mountain.

But more about that tomorrow.

And what about the quote at the beginning?

Someone else is happy with less than what you have.

Sometimes it is so easy to compare ourselves with other people - to look at what we don't have rather than what we do have. I must admit my life has not gone to plan in many ways, and perhaps it is a good thing that 20 years ago I could not see into the future. But I have many things that make me happy. Many people have a lot less. I am working very hard at being happy with what I have. I believe it takes work but it can be done.

Interesting sites

1.

Photo source
 Click here  to see a tiny house with a great layout.


2.

 
Photo source
Click here  to checkout this beautiful bamboo, children's play ground in Thailand.


3.
Photo source
 Click here to see Amsterdam, The City of Bicycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.