Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Monday 28 January 2013

RAIN AT LAST!


 I wish I could show you,
When you are lonely or in darkness,
The astonishing light of your own being.
Hafiz

 At last it is raining. It has been raining for a couple of days now. Below are some photos around my garden in the rain.




Everything looks lovely and green. We really need the rain. It has been dry for quite a long time. 

I wonder what people will make of my backyard when I come to sell my house. I love it. It is a bush garden - no grass to mow - easy care. But if people are looking for lush lawns this won't be the place for them. It will be interesting to see.


I have added a pot of mint that my mother bought me, to my basil. The scent of the mint was lovely as I brushed against it while I was repotting it.

Mint
Mint and basil
My herbs are like my pets.There is nowhere in my yard (I have found yet) that has the right amount of sun without cooking my herbs on hot days. So depending on the weather and time of day I put my herbs in and out and move them around the yard. So far they are growing well and I have enjoyed harvesting the basil for a couple of meals. After P:-) and I  have had a holiday in the next couple of weeks I shall buy some more herbs to add to my collection.

Australia day was on Saturday, the 26th January. This is when Australians celebrate the arrival of the First Fleet in Australia in 1788. The First Fleet was the coming of the first British citizens to Australia to set up a colony. Now that initial settlement of 11 ships and 1044 people has turned into a population of 22 million.

I had to laugh on Friday when P:-) came back from Bunnings, a big hardware chain, armed with some materials to help waterproof the roof and an Australian flag they were giving to customers. He looked very patriotic with the flag against his chest.


P:-) with his Australian flag

And speaking of hardware, P:-) and I finished moving all 17 sheets of plasterboard!

Plasterboard
At first I thought I would never be able to do this, but we developed a technique that got us through all the twists and turns and down the stairs. We moved a few pieces each day and it actually got easier and easier.



Interesting sites

1.
Photo source
 Loch Ness Glamping provides cosy eco-cabins for monster watchers. Click here to read more.

2.

.
Photo source
Marc  Sparfels crafts a menagerie of animals from discarded furniture. Click here to read more.

3

Photo source
Click here to see a rare example of a Cruck Frame cottage in Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.