Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Friday 25 January 2013

TRIP TO STANWELL PARK

Press on. Obstacles are seldom the same size tomorrow as they are today.

Robert H. Schuller

I hope this is true for me. I find the thought of preparing my house to sell overwhelming. I have been in my house for 33 years and been a bit of a collector and hoarder.There are so many things that need to be done and I seem to be so slow. In order to keep my head above water I need to be able to sell my house by September.
 
The building

P:-) continues to work on my back room. We have spent the last few days moving 3.6 meter (12 feet) pieces of plasterboard from my garage upstairs at the front of the house to the back room downstairs at the rear of the house. 


This has been no mean feat as I have stairs that turn at a 90 degree angle as well as other twists and turns. We have had 17 sheets to move and we have been moving a few sheets everyday. It is too exhausting to do them all at once. 

At first I thought I wouldn't be able to do it and would have to hire some young men, so I am quite pleased with myself.
 
 Traveling around

On Wednesday we took a trip to the small seaside town of  Stanwell Park,  about 40 minutes north of home. P:-) has found a GP there that he really likes. 

It was a very pleasant drive.

On the road to Stanwell Park
 

Coming down into Stanwell Park


Stanwell Park

 In the garden

I have a lyrebird that comes to my house every morning

Lyrebird on my deck
 

The lyrebird has a spectacular tail.
 We know this is a male lyrebird because of its spectacular tail. Lyrebirds are well known  for their superb ability to mimic natural and artificial sounds from their environment. This one is extremely noisy, working its way through a range of bird calls each morning.


Monty Halls Island Escape

My favourite TV program at the moment is Monty Halls Island Escape on SBS on Friday nights at 6.30 pm.

Photo source
Monty Hall travels to the Hebrides in the North Atlantic Ocean where he works as a ranger for 6 months. With his dog Reuben he travels around the Island of North Uist. The scenery is beautiful and the life he creates for himself among the locals is fascinating.

He is raising turkeys and pigs for Christmas dinner. He has become quite attached to the 2 pigs and it will be interesting to see if in the end he can actually eat them.

This is well worth viewing on TV on Friday nights, or you can watch the series at the link above.


Interesting sites

1.
Click here to check out this beautiful dwelling.


 
2.
Photo source
Click here to read about the Elf. 



3.

Photo source
 Like to see the winners of the National Geographic Nature Photos Contest of 2012? Click here to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.