Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Saturday 5 January 2013

A HAPPY FIND

Photo source
This sign above was seen on a wall in Rome. I will leave you to your own thoughts on it . But it does lead nicely to an article I read recently on the  Top 7 Tiny House Benefits  by Hollie Downes. While technically I won't be moving to a Tiny House I will be moving somewhere small after living in a 4 bedroom house. Wherever I go I must get rid of most of my possessions and I am very interested in the concept of the Tiny House and the simple life and non-materialistic lifestyle that accompanies it.

Happy New Year everybody!
I took this salad to a New Year's Eve Party. It always gets plenty of compliments and is very easy.
 
Capsicum, Pesto, Pasta Salad


Capsicum, Pesto, Pasta Salad

500g bow-tie pasta
250g of prepared pesto
2 red capsicums
1 yellow capsicum
1 green capsicum
1 red onion

1. Cook pasta as per instructions. Drain
2. Slice capsicums and onion in food processor
3.Thoroughly mix pasta, pesto, capsicum and onions. 



In the Garden

I can never resist photographing a dandelion seed head. They are so delicate. This one was on P:-)'s front lawn and was taken late afternoon without a flash.


The photo below is the same dandelion taken with a flash.




Beadwork

As I tidy and cull, I come across all sorts of things. I made this brooch about 8 years ago and it has laid hidden ever since amongst beads and half finished projects.

Beaded brooch

I was quite pleased to find it.



Interesting sites

1.
 This Tiny House is like a tardis. Click here to see more.

2.

Photo source
  Click here to read about the world's largest trees dying at an alarming rate.

3.
Photo source
 Click here to read about how to face life's challenges head on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.