Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Monday 10 December 2012

DECONSTRUCTING YOUR BRAIN

...that best portion of a good man's life, his little, nameless, unremembered, acts of kindness and of love.

William Wordsworth

 

 

 

Today I started Project 333.  This is an e-course to help me sort out my clothes and wardrobe.

This is all in the cause of me downsizing to a smaller place.

 

Source


 

Day One.

"Today you won't be reconstructing your closet, you'll be deconstructing your brain."

 

That's good. My brain needs deconstructing. I am currently reading a book called The Brain That Changes Itself by Norman Doidge. It is about brain plasticity and the way brains can be changed and rewired. When it comes to clothes I need rewiring.

 

There are a number of questions to answer. 

 

What are your 3 favourite outfits?

Answer: I don't have any. I think I hate all my clothes.

 

What pieces in your closet would you never wear?

Answer: There are none I would never wear. They just don't fit.  

 

Why are they still there?

Answer: I plan they will fit some day.

 

Describe your lifestyle.

Answer: Fairly casual. No longer working but in and out a lot. Reasonably active. Don't do a lot of entertaining.

 

Do you create a different version of yourself through your clothing for your different activities?

Answer: (Lol) If only.     

 

Do you love a good sale?

Answer: Too much

 

Are there pieces in your closet that you got for 50% off but still have tags on?

Answer: Yes. I hate to try things on in shops and I hate to try them on when I bring them home in case they don't fit. And yes, when I eventually try them on,often they don't fit.

 

If you could start over and buy all new clothing, what items would you include in your list?

 Answer: I would buy good fitting jeans and black trousers. I have no idea what else.

 

I now have to sleep on these questions and go to a Private Facebook Group and share any revelations I get from my answers.

 

This is what I wrote on Facebook.

I answered the questions from Day 1 and discovered what a boring person I am in regard to clothes. (Lol) I will be interested to see if my answers change much over 3 months.

All in all Day 1 of Project 333 was quite good. I didn't actually have to do anything much.

 

 Harry the Hallway Lizard revisited

By the way, I popped a photo of Harry the Hallway Lizard (from my last post)  on Facebook and thanks to my niece A, discovered he is a Southern Leaf Tailed Gecko .

 

 

 

 

 

Interesting sites

1.

Click here to read about this interesting house in Korea.

 

 

2.

Click here to view Singapore Gardens by the Bay.


3.

Click here to view  some  unique and spectacular staircases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.