Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Wednesday 19 December 2012

COLLAGE

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself.
 Harvey S. Firestone





Yesterday morning my mother, my daughter, P:-) and I did our usual walk around Wollongong Harbour.

Wollongong Harbour
We stopped for coffee at a place that overlooks the harbour. My little darling Jasper -my daughter R's dog and my grand-dog - always enjoys these walks.



Jasper


Last night, as P:-) and I watched a Ruth Rendell  murder mystery I had a lovely time doing a simple collage for the front of a folder where I am keeping a record of the dinners we have.

Folder cover
I have a system I follow for our evening meals and it helps if I keep a record of what we have each night.

I have often given lessons at school where collages are involved - usually asking students to do collages that represented their lives - but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed creating this simple cover for a used folder instead of going out and buying a new one. 

Decoration in my front entry




Each morning I do a Bible reading and read some other relevant bits and pieces. Today's readings were to do with 'inviting newness into your life' and 'expanding horizons'. I felt quite excited. It was so relevant to me. I feel I am standing on the edge of something exciting with my life changes - finishing my teaching job and selling my house. I really feel very positive and that God will look after me.

 And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind (having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude.) 

 Ephesians 4:23


Interesting sites

1.
Photo source
  Click here to check out these lightweight tree cocoon houses.

2.

Photo source
Click here to read an interesting article on termite architecture.

3.
Photo source
  Click here to see some great wildlife photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.