Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Tuesday 18 September 2012

KING PARROT VISIT


Fortune favors the prepared mind. 
Louis Pasteur



 Question number 2 in the Keys to the Heart series is :

2)What makes you cry?

Not a lot of things make me cry. Some things make me really angry, like animal cruelty and child abuse. I am a really strong person. Memories can bring tears to my eyes - especially the memories of a full and happy home when my children were smaller and life held such promise. Now my children are grown up I live alone.

I am sad when my family is sad, or P:-) is sad.
But generally I am very happy.

Vintage Horse head
I am in the process of minimizing my possessions. I have a great tendency to collect things and save them just in case I need them. No more!

I read an article by Ashley on Real Life Minimalists and thought this was a useful quote for me.

Minimize your possessions to fit your actual lifestyle. Not your past lifestyle, not your future lifestyle, and not.......... your fantasy lifestyle, but your actual lifestyle.

I was excited to see a king parrot sitting just outside the window at my computer.

King Parrot
King Parrot

King Parrot


Yesterday I went and chose some wool to knit some teddy bears for P:-)'s 3 granddaughters.

The pattern I am using is a system of squares and rectangles all cleverly put together to make bears. New wool makes me very keen to knit.


Interesting sites

1.
Photo source
 Click here to see some great yurts you can stay in.

2.
Photo source
  These felt pods make great indoor plant containers. Click here to read more.

3.
Photo source
  Click here to find out why your fingers go wrinkly when you soak them in water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.