Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Tuesday 28 August 2012

TO MARKET, TO MARKET

A merry heart doeth good [like] a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
Proverbs 17:22



Another week has passed so quickly. I had a job interview on Thursday. It went quite well, but it all depends on the combination of skills they are looking for. There may be one teacher and two youth workers or two teachers and one youth worker employed. I should know if I have a teaching position by the end of this week.

I must admit that today, after an altercation with an extremely disrespectful student, I think I would be happy to finish teaching. The studentsI teach do have problems with behaviour and concentration but common respect is necessary to teach a class. The boy has been given numerous chances but today just went a bit too far with our coordinator and has been suspended for a few days. What a nice relief for a few days.

On Saturday P:-) and I travelled up to Heathcote on the southern outskirts of Sydney, for P:-)'s son's bithday. M was turning 26. He is married and has a very cute baby. It was a lovely day and we enjoyed the trip up.

 
On the road to Sydney

Approaching Sydney
P:-) has 5 children. Four of them and their partners were at the birthday celebrations. It gets very noisy but is great fun.


On Sunday P:-) and I went looking for a coffee machine and in our travels stopped at Shellharbour for lunch.
There was a market being held in the park by the harbour.

Market at Shellharbour
We had a bit of a wander around and bought a couple of puppets for P:-)'s little granddaughters.

The rotunda
Unfortunately the stall holders were just beginning to pack up, so we were unable to buy our lunch there, but the shops were nearby. I had a delicious lunch of 2 potato scallops (battered and fried slices of potato.) Although these are high in fat I only had 2 small ones and they lasted me right through to dinner time.

A king parrot visited my garden. These birds are native to Eastern Australia. I don't see them very often these days. Years ago we used to put bird seed out which would attract quite a few king parrots, but we found it also attracted the mice.

King Parrot

Also in the garden my rock lilies are blooming.These are native to this area of Australia. I think they are actually a type of orchid.

Rock lilies


Rock lilies
Closeup of rock lily

Closeup of rock lily
I have been in limbo about my job now for 6 months and it will be such a relief to finally know my position and start on some plans for the future. In some ways it is very exciting, but also quite stressful. It's a good thing I have God on my side.



Interesting sites

1.
Photo source
 This cloud house opens up behind a very staid facade. Click here to read about it.


2.

Photo source
Click here to see the Sunken Forest of Lake Kaindy.

3.
Photo source
 Click here to see some clever portraits made with unbroken lines.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning
    (or probably afternoon in your part of the world)!!!

    Lovely photos. Sounds like you had a great time visiting your family.

    Hope your weather is good
    we have rain and cold and it is Summer!

    Have a great week

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're getting close to finding out your fate, job wise. Six months is a long time to be in limbo. I doubt I could have coped as well as you seem to have!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to comment.