Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Friday 15 June 2012

ALL THE LAWYERS ARE OUT

 Let us decide on the route that we wish to take to pass our life, and attempt to sow that route with flowers.
 
Madame du Chatele
What a beautiful idea - adding something positive to the path of others as we go along life's way.
Vintage moth image
 

I teach at a small school for teenagers with major behavior problems. We are an off campus part of larger College. Our little school is going to be closed down at the end of this year and reopened as an independent school, not longer attached to the College but run by a body in Queensland who run similar schools all over the country. As a result the three of us who work there are having our positions terminated and we are being made redundant. Advertisements have been placed for the new positions and two of us are applying - possibly for the same job. 

On Friday Les from the Independent Education Union came to the school. He is pushing for us to be given jobs at the College if our applications for the new Flexible Learning Center are unsuccessful. This has involved lawyers from various education bodies having discussions. The headmaster up at the College does not want to be lumbered with extra teachers. It is all quite complicated.

I had thought my course in life was set for the next 10 years, working at my little school. How quickly things can change!

Below are some  pictures of my school. It has been an old Anglican church. After 15 years there  as a school we still get people coming in looking for funerals.

My school.
My school

Wisteria at school

Art work at school



Interesting sites

1.
Photo source
 I love this house. Click here  to see more.

2.
Photo source
  This is a giant aquarium for scuba diving in in Berlin. Click here to read more.

3.
Photo source
  Click here to view some micro gardens.

1 comment:

  1. This seems to have been dragging on for ages - it must be pretty hard on you not knowing for so long if you'll be kept on or not, but you seem quite calm about the whole thing.

    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm off to check out the micro gardens now.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to comment.