Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Wednesday 30 May 2012

WAITING


For success, attitude is equally as important as ability. 
Harry F. Banks



My application for my job is in and now I am waiting to see if I get an interview. I usually wait until the answering machine comes on and check out who it is before I answer the phone. I have been a little more eager today, hoping for news of an interview and not waiting for the answering machine and seemed to have received an awful lot of calls from people trying to sell me something.

I have figured out what I will wear to an interview. 

Interview suit.
I need my clothes to be business-like but not too business-like, so I think this will do the trick.

Now I need to start rehearsing. I haven't been to many interviews and the last one was some years ago but I know I need to be prepared for a few things. One answer I need to have up my sleeve is the one at the end of the interview when they may ask, "Is there anything else you would like to add?" I have been caught out by this one before, so I need to think of some good closing points.

I also have to learn about the Australian Core Skills Framework . I know a bit about this, and stated so in my application, but I had better get a few words and phrases down pat. 

Of course I may not get an interview. It depends on who applies and I'm not counting my chickens.



I am enjoying knitting and have knitted another little jumper for P:-)'s prospective grand daughter.

Baby jumper.
 I will have to start doing bootees as well.





Interesting sites


1.
Photo source
Click here to see an interesting range of tiny homes.

2.
Photo source
  Click here to read an interesting article about sleep.

3.
Photo source
  Radiation from the Fukushima disaster has been found in Californian kelp. Click here to read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.