Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Thursday 31 May 2012

A LAZY DAY

 
Optimism is true moral courage.
Ernest Shakelton

I see myself as fairly optimistic - either that or I just don't care enough to worry too much. Actually I believe that ultimately God will look after me. I am quite optimistic about my job. If I get it or I don't - either way I can see the good side. Today I had a day with nothing too much to do - a real luxury. I think how nice it would be to really get to the house and yard if I didn't go to work, even if I would be very poor. And then I think how nice it will be if I get the job and I can see about fixing up a few things around the house that I need to pay people to do.

On the other hand there are some times when I just want to crawl into a ball and not think about anything - and sometimes I allow myself 5 minutes here and there to do just that.


Vintage image - lily of the valley


It was good today to have a chance to clean up my front entry hall. I tend to throw mail and papers down there and it becomes a bit of a filing cabinet on the floor. So I gave it a bit of a clean and sweep and tidy and thought about how I can give it a good wash in my holidays, three weeks away.

My front hall


Window of front hall
I also bought a book, Editing Digital Photos for Dummies - The Pocket Version.



I hope there will soon be an improvement in the photos on this blog.

Of course this means getting rid of 2 books. The books I have chosen are Garlic and 50 Fabulous Chocolate Cakes.

I shall give these to my mother as she loves recipe books of all sorts.

Yesterday I noticed my wattle tree in my front yard is flowering.

Wattle tree


Wattle blossom

It is the first day of winter - 1st June. It isn't Wattle Day for another 3 months. I have an early blooming variety. Wattle is Australia's national flower.



Interesting sites

1.
Photo source
Click here to read about this tiny house.


2.
Photo source
  Click here to see some great paper sculptures.

3.
Photo source
  These lavender fields are really worth viewing. Click here to view them

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.