Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Thursday 12 April 2012

A NEW EATING PATTERN







Photo source
 Wow! This just sums up how life should be. Free. Adventurous. Simple.

Yesterday I went to see a Minister at my church regarding a reference for my job application. I have met him in passing and know him to have a brief chat to.

My Church

It all went very well. He was aware of some of the things I do, so that made it easier. I feel very positive- not necessarily that I will get my old job - but positive that something is going to turn up.

This morning I took Jasper for a walk again. It was lovely walking in the sunshine. I spotted a pretty camellia tree.
Camellia tree
Camellia
I have changed my eating patterns again after reading The China Study by Campbell and Campbell.


This book was very compelling, citing numerous studies. The conclusion it reached was that a plant based diet is most healthy. So I am going to try a plant based diet. I am not going completely vegan. If I am out somewhere I will eat what is available. Every Wednesday night I have dinner at my mother's and have fish which I love so I am not changing that. But at home I have changed to soy bean milk, and dairy free margarine. I am also trying not to consume foods which have more than 3 grams of sugar per 100 grams. This was based on the I Quit Sugar book by Sarah Wilson.

Some of this is different of course to the Primal  Diet which is based on animal protein. I tried this last year. I am looking for a way of eating healthily where I can lose some weight and not be hungry.

I have bought a book which looks useful - The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions by Celine Steen and  Joni Marie Newman


It has a lot of interesting substitutions such as Basic Tofu Sour Cream  and Basic Homemade Sorta Yoghurt. I shall be interested to see how these work.

Of course, buying a book means getting rid of two books so I have chosen the following:


Both these books are over 20 years old - published before broccoli and blueberries were reputed to be super-foods. These were amongst the books I culled from my recipe books during my  tidy up a few days ago. As you can see I have been researching food and diets for a long time. I never give up hope. One day I am going to find the right diet for me - healthy and not hungry.

Interesting sites

1.
Photo source
 Half the world lives in houses made of earth. Click here to read more


2.
Photo source
 Click here to find out more about punch-hole clouds.

3.
Photo spource
 Click here to see some really incredible hanging hotel pools.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.