Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Sunday 15 April 2012

JAMIE'S DINNER

 Nothing can make our life, or the lives of other people, more beautiful than perpetual kindness.
 Leo Tolstoy


I live in a world where the people I know and love are kind, but the students I work with don't. I work with teenagers with major behavioral problems. They live in a world where no one in particular shows any love to them. They live in a world of arguments and fights. You deal with a disagreement by physical fighting. You make yourself  number one because you aren't number one in the eyes of any body else. Confrontation with adults and peers is a way of life. How much more peaceful and pleasant it is to live in a world where people appreciate each other and are kind and helpful.

Vintage image : French Bouquet
On Saturday night I cooked dinner for P:-), my mother and brother. I began with the first recipes for dinner in Jamie Oliver's Jamie's 30 Minute Meals.



I had seen the series on TV and bought the book. I decided to start at the beginning and work through, so I made Broccoli Orechiette, Bocconcini Salad and Proscuitto & Melon Salad. Unfortunately I forgot to take any photos but the dishes turned out remarkably like the illustrations in the book.



I was a little apprehensive as I cooked as some of the sauces and dressings seemed a bit strong, but once they were added to the rest of the ingredients they were delicious. There are 49 meals left to go.

I made a banana cake for dessert. There are no photographs of it either.

My little grand-dog Jasper went home last night. He was very excited to see my daughter R and her partner B. Once they arrive I become of no consequence. I do love having him. He is such a good little thing and such great company.

R and B bought me this cute little ceramic toadstool house.

Ceramic toadstool house


Rear of toadstool house.
I just love it. I have a collection of toadstools, with most of them being gifts from my daughters.

P:-) is working on our caravan today. He is putting in a second light. We may go away for a few days. It depends largely on the weather.

I am just enjoying lounging around today. It is the second and last week of holidays. It is 12 pm and I am still in my dressing gown. Luxury.


Interesting sites

1.
photo source
Click here to see this tree top village in Costa Rica.



2.
Photo source
Click here to see some beautiful and unusual photographs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.