Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Friday 2 March 2012

TO BE HAPPY AT HOME

 
To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition, the end to which every enterprise and labor tends.
Samuel Johnson

Every man's home is his castle. To be happy at home is a wonderful achievement. To feel your home, no matter how humble or lavish, is your haven, is indeed something to be thankful for. I am lucky. I love my home. This is the view from the window near my computer.

View out my window

Today a very wan sun is trying to shine through. It has been raining on an off for days. A little honey eater has been darting around the branches of the sheoak or casurina, but it was too quick for me to capture on photo. Yesterday a pair of lyre birds was squawking in the trees but again it was too hard to get a photo as it was to dark.

I love being in the trees.


I took the following text from Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project blog.

In 1960, journalist Gordon Young asked Jung, "What do you consider to be more or less basic factors making for happiness in the human mind?" Jung answered with five elements:
1. Good physical and mental health.
2. Good personal and intimate relationships, such as those of marriage, the family, and friendships.
3. The faculty for perceiving beauty in art and nature.
4. Reasonable standards of living and satisfactory work.
5. A philosophic or religious point of view capable of coping successfully with the vicissitudes of life.
I think this is a very rounded description of what makes for a happy life, but living in a place you love is just the icing on the cake.

Vintage Bridge card.
Yesterday P:-) and I took a trip to Sydney on business. we stopped at a park fro a rest and I took the following photos.

Jacaranda leaf



Jacaranda leaf


This is a native called a Westringia or Coastal Rosemary.

Westringia
Although this plant is called Coastal Rosemary, I do not think it is edible.

Westringia
Westringia

I love the look of fog, probably because where I live there is very little. I am just below the cloud line. But yesterday we struck some fog on the pass down the mountain.

Fog on Mount Ousley


Interesting sites
1.
Photo credit
 This house in Vietnam is only 13ft wide. Click here to read more about it.

2. 
Photo credit
  These paper sculptures are just incredible, made from one sheet of paper. Click here to see more

3.
Photo credit
  This little car folds up for parking. Click here to read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.