Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Monday 5 March 2012

DIGGING UP THE FOOTPATH

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
 Ralph Waldo Emerson


Vintage image of butterflies
My footpath is a terrible mess at the moment.

My footpath
 Sydney Water are digging up all the pipes down the street.

We have an alternate water supply in the white pipes.

Alternate water supply in white pipes

There is plenty of machinery around. This is a view of my house from across the road.


Sydney water outside my house viewed from across the road.
Every now and then my pipes seem to spontaneously make a whining sound. I woke up to it this morning. I hope it stops once they finish all the work.

Yesterday was my mother's 80th birthday. Some of us took her to the Illawarra Yacht Club for tea.

View from the Illawarra Yacht Club
We had a lovely evening. Her main party will be on Saturday, when most of the family will celebrate.



Interesting sites

 1.
Photo credit
 Click here to checkout this eco POD hotel in Switzerland.

2.
Photo credit
 Click here to read about the pothole gardener.

3.

Photo credit
Recycled artichoke pendant lamps made from scrap material. Click here to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.