Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Thursday 22 March 2012

MORE BOOKS

Make your books your companions; let your book shelves be your gardens: bask in their beauty, gather their fruit, pluck their roses, take their spice and myrrh.
 Ian Tibbon
I am a bibliophile. I love books. I don't tend to read much fiction these days but I read a lot of factual stuff. There is a book shop in a suburb nearby which sells books for $5 each. Usually I try and avoid it but I was looking for a book for P:-)'s granddaughter  so I stepped inside. Once inside I am trapped. I cannot walk out empty handed. I bought myself 3 books. At $5 each they are such bargains!

The first is a cook book.

Slow cooker book
I love my slow cooker. I find it especially useful on Sundays. We arrive back from church around 7:30 on Sunday evening and it is great to have something all ready to go.

Inside cook book
This book looks as if it has some interesting and useful recipes.

The next book I bought was about world architecture.



I was probably influenced by the picture of the Louvre on the front. I went there two years ago and the picture brought back some great memories of Paris. But there are many beautiful pictures inside, from all around the world.

The third book I bought is about journal writing.


It has lots of ideas for drawing and painting which may be useful for school.

Of course now I will have to follow my rule of getting rid of 2 books for each one I buy. This means getting rid of 6 books. I haven't given it much thought yet, but I shall have to choose them in the next day or so.


Interesting sites

1.
photo credit
I love the two round windows on this house in Austria. Click here  to read more .

2.
Photo credit
 Click here to see some incredible digital Matte pictures.

3.
Photo credit
  Click here to read about Canada's Capilano suspension bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.