Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Friday 24 February 2012

EVERY DAY IS A NEW BEGINNING

Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be.
Marsha Petrie Sue

This is good advice for me. I have a lot of "might have beens" in my life. Sometimes it is just too easy to think how things might have been. (And I won't bore you with the list of them!) But I try to take one day at a time as I head toward the future. My life is so different now to what I would have imagined 10 years ago - a new man in my life after a 30 year marriage.Who knows what the future will bring? Only God.


Vintage image of eggs
I have been swamped with school work this week, so haven't had time to blog. It is programming, but not your usual programming. It is to become registered as an independent school. It is very involved and time consuming.

It is time to get rid of 2 books again, to make up for the one I bought last Friday.  It is my rule - for every book I buy I must divest myself of 2. It isn't easy. Books are sacred.
So I decided on these 2.

 
The Encyclopedia of Themes and Subjects in Painting was published in 1971. I must have bought it years ago second hand. I didn't even know I had it until I began looking for books to get rid of. And General Business was published in 1976. It looks like a Business Studies text book. It may have had something to do with a time when I was tutoring a student in Business Studies about 15 years ago. I actually have no idea where it came from.

Even so, I look at the two books I plan to take to the Salvo's Store on my next trip and wonder if I should save the pictures out of them, or if they would still be useful. What if I read a bit of the art book every day and teach myself about the themes and subjects in painting before 1971?

I really had to look around for these books. Disposing of books is going to become more and more difficult.

Interesting sites

1. 
Photo credit
 This is a really interesting house. Click here to read all about it. 

2.
Photo credit
 This artist does embroidery on old drink cans. Click here to view her art. 

3.
Photo credit
This is a beautiful, cosy little fishing camp wagon. Click here to read all about it and see some beautiful pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.