Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Sunday 19 February 2012

BABY SHOWER

Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.
Anaïs Nin

Vintage circus zebra

The weekend was quite busy. On Saturday I attended a baby shower for P:-)'s daughter-in-law in Heathcote on the southern outskirts of Sydney. It was a great day for traveling.

Prince's Highway to Sydney
I wasn't arriving at the Baby Shower with a present. I had put in with some others to buy a Baby Bjorn Carrier for K, P:-'s daughter-in-law  and someone else was bringing it. I didn't want to arrive empty handed so I bought K some flowers. They were so pretty I had to take a photo.

Posy of miniature roses.
About 20 ladies attended. We played  a few pencil and paper games - none of which I won (although I did help others who did.)

There was lots of delicious  food.

Some of the food.
The table was set with sandwiches and cakes and then plates of mini pizzas, home made sausage rolls and spring rolls were brought out.  P:-)'s son and daughter-in-law don't want to know the sex of their baby until it was born so there were cake stands of blue cupcakes and pink cupcakes to cover both possibilities.

Blue cupcakes
Over the weekend we had some dry weather at last, until storm clouds gathered just as we were going into church at 6 pm.

Grey clouds over the church

Storm clouds brewing
Sure enough there was a storm and we came out at the end of the service into rain. I wonder if this is the beginning of more rain. We have had a very wet February so far.

 Interesting sites

1.
Photo credit
These eco-lodges in Mexico look wonderful. I would love to stay in one. Click here  to read all about them



2.
Photo credit
  Click here to view  beautiful terrariums on display at Brooklyn Botanic gardens.

3.
Photo credit
 Click here to view pictures of a self-inflating shelter that fits in your pocket.

1 comment:

  1. Lindy! Love the flowers! Looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to comment.