Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Friday 17 February 2012

LOOT FROM THE SALVOS

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
Edgar Allan Poe

Vintage circus dog
Today was my fortnightly trip to The Salvo's (Salvation Army store.) I took a couple of bags of old T-shirts and books, and of course came away with a few finds.

I bought these jars for $3 each.


I bought them for my bathroom. I have some similar jars of a different size with shells in them and I plan to fill the new jars with shells too. For the moment They can sit on the windowsill empty.

Bathroom windowsill
I also purchased a glass dish for $3 which will go with a larger one of a similar style that I already own.

Glass bowl

Glass bowl

I also bought a book which looks interesting.



I spotted this book by Brian Houston, pastor of  Hillsong Church. I often listen to him on TV early Sunday mornings and really like what he has to say. I didn't even open the book before I bought it, but I am looking forward to reading it.

His son Joel Houston writes a lot of the songs that we sing in church.

Of course buying this book will necessitate donating 2 books back to the Salvo's. I am not sure which ones they will be yet.


Interesting sites

1.
Photo credit
 Click here to see some great photos of the world's largest solar powered boat.



2.
Photo credit
Brian Chan makes intricate origami pieces from squares of paper. Click here to see them.

3.
Photo credit
Flying Tortoise has some great pictures of China's hanging temples. Click here to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.