Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Thursday 26 January 2012

A WET DAY

 Happiness is like a butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But turn your attention to other things, it comes and softly sits on your shoulder.  

Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)


Sometimes I stop and think, "Yes I am happy this moment." 
Sometimes it is at times when I am not especially looking for happiness.
It is usually in quiet moments that I feel happiest.



Backyard trail

It has been very wet today but I ventured down into my backyard. 'Ventured' is the word. Many of the paths are overgrown and slippery and I was definitely expecting leeches.

I stayed on the top level of my yard and took some random photos in the rain.

The first is the view down the back to the old cubby house.

Cubby house



Below is a view down to the back of the yard. There is a drop of rain on the lens.
View to back of yard
The rain made the leaves very green and glossy.



Plants in back yard

This tree trunk is covered in syngonium or butterfly plant.

Syngonium growing up tree
These wet Lilly Pilly blossoms below are still beautiful.

Wet Lilly Pilly flowers
Food

My brother G was listening to the radio and heard an interesting discussion by Sarah Wilson about types of sugar in our diets. He bought and printed off the eBook for me.


It seems that fructose is the villain - even in Balsamic vinegar which I am very fond of. And many skim products are higher in sugar than regular products. The book was very interesting and I intend to give it a try, as soon as I stock up on some cider vinegar and full cream milk. It is very similar to the Primal Diet but not as restrictive. One day soon I am going to hit on the right combination of foods, where I can lose some weight and not be starving and have a headache. I am too busy to have a headache.






Interesting sites

1.
Photo:Let me be inspired
Click here to visit an interesting house in Brazil


2.
Photo:Cuded
 Click here to see some cute illustrations by Nabhan Abdullatif.

3.
Photo:Reuters
 London zoo has a stock-take of over 16 000 animals. Click here  to see some great animal photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.