Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Saturday 10 December 2011

KOOKABURRA SITS IN THE OLD SWAMP OAK

Success is often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable. 
Coco Chanel


Wouldn't this be a great way to be?  Not to think you can fail.I rarely move out of my comfort zone. I'm not quite sure whether it is fear of failure or dislike of change. I met P:-) on the internet  and that was definitely stepping out of my comfort zone. Failure wasn't on the agenda then. Just giving it a go meant I'd taken a step forward in my life and that was success in itself. It was certainly an adventure. Meeting P:-) was an added bonus - although I think it was meant to be.




In the garden
Today I was weeding my garden. (I am trying to pull out 20 weeds each day.) I came across this tiny, very green grasshopper.


Insect pictures are very hard to get. Insects often don't stay still. One minute they are under your lens and then before you snap they are gone. I have great admiration for photographers who photograph insects ( - and dogs! My daughter's dog Jasper won't sit still either.)


I am surprised that my camera would take a reasonably clear photo this close up. I did put it on macro but the grasshopper was only about 5mm long.

I came inside and there was a kookaburra sitting outside the window near my computer.


On closer inspection he appeared to have something in his mouth.


He seems to have caught something to eat and in the next moment it is gone.

So I guess he swallowed it.
A lovely surprise

P:-) turned up last night with a wonderful surprise. It was a new TV for my  dining room /kitchen.

It is lovely. My old TV was struggling and kept turning black and white. Now we have a beautiful reception as well as all of the digital channels. P:-) likes to sit in the dining room because the chairs are good for his back, so we spend a lot of time in there, rather than in the lounge room.
 
P:-) is a lovely man.


Interesting sites
1.  

Photo: Turett Collaborative Architects
Click here to see some great slippery-dips inside houses.

2.

Amazing water powered rocket boots. Click here 
to read more. Be sure to scroll down far enough to see the video. It is in French,  but still very interesting.

3.
  Click here to read more about the solar powered tube pod in Alpine Italy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.