Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Monday 5 December 2011

GOODBYE FLYING PIG

We can afford to open ourselves and join the rest of the world with a sense of tremendous generosity, tremendous goodness, and tremendous richness. The more we give, the more we gain--although what we gain should not particularly be our reason for giving. Rather, the more we give, the more we are inspired to give constantly. And the gaining process happens naturally, automatically
  Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche

As a Christian this quote works for me. I really believe you get a lot out of helping people. I wish this was something I could convey to the students I work with. I teach 15 year olds to 19 year olds who do not fit into the mainstream school system because of behavior problems. They tend to come from backgrounds where they have to put themselves first because nobody else does. Often they come from families where taking rather than giving is the norm. One of the things we teach them to do and praise them for is helping each other. When they can begin to put someone else first or help someone we see this as a great achievement. And in the end it will make for a more fulfilling life for them.



Out my window
As I sit at my computer I can see the purple jacaranda flowering through the trees.


When my ex-husband and I set up our garden in our twenties we were unaware that the jacaranda was not a native plant. There are so many of them around. Hence I have an exotic jacaranda in a bush garden of native plants. But it is very pretty.

Christmas decorating

I collect snow-domes at Christmas time, but for some reason I cannot seem to find them except one. I guess they are packed away somewhere. So instead of a display of snow-domes so far I only have one this year. (The others may yet turn up.) I decided to set it up in the window of my front hall.


I love the look on this reindeer's face.




It is a bit crazy that in this country of kangaroos and eucalyptus we decorate with reindeer and fir trees - the remnants of being a British colony. But 200 years on? I am just as guilty as anyone. Holly and snow scenes mean Christmas to me, as much as baking hot days and sea food lunches.


 The Flying Pig
The flying pig is destined to go as a present for a special person who I know will really appreciate a handmade gift. I know she will put it in her office.


The card is one of a set of handmade cards given to me as a present by P:-)'s daughter-in-law. It was a lovely present because she had made it herself.



 Interesting sites


1.
 If you would like to read some interesting information on flatuelence , click here.

2. 

 Click here to read an interesting article about some boys with autism having larger brains. 

3.
 

If you have a microfiber sofa you might be interested in how to give it a good clean. Click here  to find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.