Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Wednesday 2 November 2011

PIECES OF PIG

Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come.  
~Chinese Proverb


I never tire of the view outside my window where I sit at my computer. It is one of the things that keeps me living where I am. I feel that I am part of nature when I look out.
View from computer room today
Today is a lovely spring day. The view from my window is very green. The pink tips of the water gum that you can see in the photo below, taken in September, are gone.

View from computer room September.

I have cut out a flying pig.

Pieces of flying pig
 
This is actually the second one I have cut out. I left no seam allowances on the first one I did and it was just too fiddly to work with. So I hope this one will be better. I don't have a lot of time for craft . But I am hoping that by writing about this on my blog I will be encouraged to do this sewing.

This pattern below came in the mail today. It is the first clothing pattern I have bought for years.


Vogue pattern
I have set up my sewing machine in a permanent place upstairs, but it has so much stuff in there I can't get a chair in yet. I am not sure what state my machine will be in. I haven't used it for 6 years. I'm not sure I can even remember how to thread it. But by having it set up in a permanent place - even if I just sew one seam a day I will get things made.I am also hoping that writing about this in this blog will spur me on to great things regarding sewing.



Interesting sites

1.
Circadian rhythm appears to affect our skin cancer risk. Click here to read more
.

2.
Cherry trees in Milan are being grown into a living pavilion. Click here to read more and see more photos.

3.
  3D printers are printing shells for hermit crabs. Click here to read about it.

4.
  Click here to read about some of the strangest unclaimed air baggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.