Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Thursday 29 December 2011

BOAT AND PELICANS

 God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
  Serenity Prayer

The days are flying by. I have tried to make my holidays as full as possible, but possibly as a result have not done as much around the house and the yard as I had planned.

I have begun taking the Christmas decorations down and am looking forward to New Year's Eve.

In 2010 my main achievements were spending 4 weeks in London; buying my daughter R a car; and buying a caravan with P:-). In 2011 I feel I have made an achievement different in nature from the year before but still important. Starting my blog was my achievement for 2011.  By the end of 2012 I want to be fit and healthy - or at least fitter and healthier - and I will be happy if that is my achievement for 2012.

I have read very widely on the topic, but have to remember my age. A couple of years ago I bought a Zumba Fitness Kit and that was the beginning of my knee troubles. I think I was just too old. I think I will have to make a more gentle approach.

I am currently reading The 4-Hour Body by Timothy Ferris, which has a lot of interesting ideas in it, backed up by scientific studies. The problem is that Ferris stated that you can't change something if you can't measure it, and I am not particularly interested in measuring anything  as far as my body is concerned. I certainly don't want to measure my weight. I am thinking I could measure my various body parts with bits of string and then just measure the decrease. I shall have to give this some thought.

If you are wondering what happened to the Primal Diet - well nothing really. I am still sort of half on it but I never quite got my afternoons organized. I was all right on a handful of nuts until around 2 o'clock, when I became extremely hungry and found having portable protein was not always easy. The 4-Hour Body seems to be very similar to the Primal Diet except that legumes and beans are allowed, which will make life much easier.

Out in the boat

Today P:-) and I decided to take the boat out. We haven't taken it out for quite a while and we just wanted to check everything before we go to Davistown on Sunday. Lake Illawarra was quite rough so we really couldn't go out past the area protected by the breakwater.






Everything checked out OK, and a couple of photogenic pelicans added some interest.


Interesting sites

1.
 This beautiful house just opens up and opens up. Click here to read about it.

2.

This strange building is the Tusen Restaurant in Sweden. Click here to see more of it.

3.


This structure above is for a projected sea-tree with levels for different habitats and animals. It looks very interesting. Click here to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.