Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Tuesday 27 December 2011

FEEDING THE SEAGULLS

 Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
Dale Carnegie

Christmas and boxing day went well with plenty of family interaction and fun.

It was good to have a day to relax yesterday. P:-) spent some time admiring his new power lawn mower.


He was quite keen that I feature it before it gets dirty. He has a steep yard to mow so I hope it does the trick for him.

P:-) spent most of the day working on the van, readying the tow bar for our next trip to Davistown on Sunday.
I spent most of the day sleeping in front of a pile of school work I had taken to his place to do.

In the evening we bought fish and chips for dinner and then went to the boat ramp to eat them and feed the seagulls.

Gulls flying near car window


Gulls on the bonnet of the car
Gulls on the bonnet


Birds out the side window of the car

Gull on the bonnet as it begins to rain

P:-) is extremely good-natured about the mess they make of his car.

The gulls commonly called seagulls in Australia are silver gulls. They are ubiquitous.

This morning when I read my Bible (and I am still reading Isaiah) I read the following words which I found very comforting.

Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you.
I've called your name. You're mine.
When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you
When you're in rough waters you will not go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place
It won't be a dead end --
Because I am God, your personal God.
Isaiah 43:2-3 (The Message)



 Interesting sites

1.

This ultra-minimalist house has a roof ramp that leads to the water. Click here to read more.

2.

 Cacheuta Hotsprings is a natural water park in the Andes. Click here to read more.

3.

 This golden mineral bridge is in the Andes.Click here to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.