Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Monday 31 October 2011

THE CHRISTENING

Christening card

Yesterday P:-)'s second granddaughter L was christened at the St Alysious Catholic Church in Cronulla.
Inside St Aloysious Catholic Church, Cronulla
It was a lovely service. Two others babies were baptized at the same time.

L's Baptsim
 Later we went to Little Italy at Cronulla for lunch.


View from Window at Little Italy
View from window at Little Italy

As well as looking pretty, the cake was delicious - lots of jam and cream.


The cake
There were about 30 family and friends attending the Christening. It was a very pleasant day.

Something to think about

I came across the verse below in my Bible reading. I think it is a very practical way to live and stave off depression.

Paul says “whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things” (Philippians 4:8).

or from The Message:


Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best, not the worst: the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. (Philippians 4:8, The Message)


As far as possible I try  look on the good side. I try to see the best in people. I try not to dwell on the nasty or horrible. I have found that embracing the positive in life makes life worth living.


Interesting sites 
 
1.

I would love to live in this house on the outskirts of Moscow. Click here to see more photos of the interior and exterior.

2.

This is called The King of the Frogs House. Click here  to read more about it and see more photos.

3.
This house floats on Lake Huron, Ontario, Canada. Read more about it by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.