Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Wednesday 16 November 2011

EUCALYPTUS IN THE TOADSTOOL HOLDER

Now a person's faults are largely what make him or her likable.
 Anne Lamott

I took this quote above  from Bird by Bird (p50) by Anne Lamott. I read it yesterday.



I thought it a coincidence that the quote above linked up with the quote by Leonard Cohen at the beginning of yesterday's blog. It expresses the idea again that no one is perfect, but it is often those imperfections that we have that make us more likeable. Sometimes it may be a weakness that makes us seem more vulnerable. Sometimes it may be an eccentricity that makes us interesting or amusing. We don't have to be perfect for people to like us or love us. We just have to be ourselves.

Today was school sport at the Bulli PCYC. Outside I saw a sulphur crested cockatoo feeding on the grass. 

Sulphur crested cockatoo
He was probably eating the grass seed. Cockatoos have only been here in this area for the last 30 years or so. When I grew up in this area there were no cockatoos, or galahs as there are now. It could be the greening of the Illawarra that has made a difference. Wollongong is a city of trees, more so now than it once was. A concerted effort has been made by the councils over the past 40 years or so to fill the city with trees and much of it is very leafy.

While I was out I called into a two dollar shop to see if I could find a small necked vase to fit into the toadstool toothbrush holder my daughter J bought me yesterday.  I bought one but the neck was too big so I decided to put a spray of eucalyptus leaves directly into it. I was quite pleased with the result.

 



I learned that it is very tricky taking photos of mirrors if you don't want to be in the picture yourself.

I came across this hint below in my reading today.
Bed Sheets
After drying sheets, put both sheets and one pillowcase in the 
other pillow case. Fold neatly in a square. Next time you change
sheets, you just take the one pillow case and all the sheets and
pillow case are inside. No need to look for matches.


 


For some of us, keeping things like socks and pillowcases in pairs is no trouble. But for someone like me who is always losing pillowcases this idea below looks like a great idea. I am definitely going to give it a try.





Interesting sites

1.
 Extra brain cells may be the cause of autism. Click here to read more.

2.

My knees love this house with no stairs. Click here to read more.

3.

Do you remember Buckminster Fuller and his geodesic dome from school? Click here to read a bout a 50 year old dome and its refurbishment.

4.

 

Imagine how much you would have learnt if you had gone to this primary school! Click here to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.