Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Friday 18 November 2011

BOOKS AND MORE BOOKS

But clutter and mess show us that life is being lived. Clutter is a wonderfully fertile ground - you can still discover new treasures under all those piles, clean things up, edit things out, get a grip.
Anne Lamott  
Bird By Bird

It is a beautiful morning although it looks as though it may be a hot day.
View from my computer table
 At last it is a Saturday - a day to clean up and potter. Get some washing done.

Yesterday I went to the Salvation Army second hand shop and made a few purchases I was quite pleased with.

My first purchase was  New Soft Furnishings by Tricia Guild. It was only a couple of dollars.

It was published in 1990, but a lot of her designs are timeless.

Page from Tricia Guild's New Soft Furnishing
Page from Tricia Guild's New Soft Furnishing
Page from Tricia Guild's New Soft Furnishing
Page from Tricia Guild's New Soft Furnishing
The second book I bought is entitled Painted Woodcraft by Stewart and Sally Walton.
 
It has some lovely things in it. I love this sewing box.

From Painted Woodcraft by Stewart and Sally Walton
This plate rack is stylish.
From Painted Woodcraft by Stewart and Sally Walton
And I like these plywood animals.



From Painted Woodcraft by Stewart and Sally Walton
As much as I see books as sacred, I am going to start taking  two books back to the Salvation Army for every book I buy. I have far too many books and buy far too many. I don't even have time to read them all!

I also bought this cushion for $3 which I plan to put in my bedroom.

 

My bedroom at the moment is minus wardrobe doors which have actually fallen apart. This cushion actually reminded me of the style I am aiming for -  sort of Indian inspired, with lots of black.

 

The embroidery isn't hand done, but it is in really good condition.

 The last thing I bought was a picnic basket for $5. I will use this for storage.

 

I have a few of these baskets. They are great for storing art and craft supplies. They are really handy for school. I can keep art supplies in them and examples of work from other years to take to school. At the moment my craft room is very disorganized, but with holidays coming up, I have big plans.




Interesting sites

1.

This sunken bridge in the Netherlands is very unusual. Click here  to read more.


2.
 Thus shipping container folds down into a house in 5 hours. Click here  to read more.

3.
Image via Basswulf on Flickr.com
  Click here to read a post at Alamodeus  about vertical vegetable gardening.

4.
Christchurch in New Zealand has built a mall from shipping containers, as part of their rebuilding after the earthquake. Click here to read more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.