Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Monday 3 October 2011

PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!

The school holidays have gone really quickly. I only have a week left, and as always have not done many of the things I had planned. But today I have a day at home and it is just lovely pottering around and organizing things.

Yesterday we went up to Sutherland on the southern outskirts of Sydney to P:-)'s granddaughter's second birthday. We went to Funorama, an activity center for children.  We had a lovely time.



The Fairy cake, made by Grandma, had delicious icing!!
On the way to the party we stopped at the Helensburgh house of P:-)'s daughter and son-in-law.


Most of the gyp-rocking of the interior walls has been done. The house is very small at the moment, basically just 4 rooms, but there are plans for extensions. Here is a view of the back.

As you can see there is a lot to be done. M and B are living with P:-) until their place is finished enough to live in. The bathroom and kitchen still need to be fitted out.

I received my next issue of Vintage Caravan Magazine.



The publishers have given me permissioin to use some of their articles in my blogs and in this issue I was particularly taken by the Propert Caravan No.39.


This is a small folding caravan built in the early 1950's.


These are not great photos as I had some difficulty overcoming the shine on the magazine.

 

The interior seems quite spacious compared to the tiny size of the van.



If you would like to view a short video on this caravan and see exactly how in unfolds click on  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGULhAWLNvM



If you like beautiful pictures of forest go over to Gwen Bell's Align Your website and have a look at the video on that page called Growing is Forever. It is about the forest and really beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.