This is the wisteria cascading over the fence next to the school where I teach.
Is there anything prettier than wisteria in the spring?
Jayne over at Gleeful has written out these 12 Commandments of Happiness, which I think are really good advice. They put it so succinctly.
My 12 Commandments of Happiness
- Happiness is a choice.
- My thoughts are not facts.
- Stop and take notice.
- Be kinder than necessary.
- Give the benefit of the doubt.
- Relax. Let it go.
- Appreciate the small things.
- You only get one body. Be good to it.
- Celebrate the positive.
- Be loving and love will find you.
- Every day is a new day. Live it.
The pictures of the wisteria above fall into the Stop and take notice category, and Appreciate the small things. The latter is especially important. The big and exciting things are few and far between. It is important that we enjoy the small moments too, or life will just pass us by.