Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Saturday 25 May 2019

ALFRED COMES TO STAY

“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.”  

 Winston Churchill


I love quotes and save them for my blog as I come across them. I like to think about them and write a little bit on each one. I was a bit stumped with this one as it just seemed self evident.

But then I thought about how it applied to me and how important it is to remember that what we have or earn is not as important as what we put into life.

Sometimes I get a bit angry about my financial position, caused by divorce and redundancy. I am indeed lucky to have a pension. I have tried a range of ways to supplement my income but for various reasons nothing has been terribly successful - yet.

Meanwhile, when I am sad about things I need to focus on what I can do for other people. I do some volunteer work once a week at Manna House, a place for people to come in off the street and have a free meal. There are often days when I am not at my best do not feel like going, but I must admit, when I do go my mood usually lifts.

But giving in life doesn't have to be through formal processes. It can be in our day to day relationships. So often we forget to be giving towards those who are closest to us.


Alfred comes to stay
 
This week Alfred, my daughter's rabbit spent a couple of nights with me.


He ended up in a pen in my lounge room.


Having Alfred at my place is quite difficult as I have a full blown fur phobia. I have had it for about 50 years. It means I cannot cope with being near anything which is soft and furry such as rabbits or cats. Dogs are fine. They have hair rather than the soft fur of cats and rabbits.

I talk to Alfred and feed him. (He has quite a food regimen of greens, pellets and hay.) But I don't pat him.

 Terrarium

I love terraria and set up a small one with some succulents my daughter gave me.







Interesting sites


1. 27 Beautiful sheds

Photo source
Click here to check out 27 great sheds.


2. Steam powered rocket is legit

Photo source
Click here to find out about this steam powered rocket and the opportunities it brings.

3. One word: plastics

Photo source
An island crusader in the Philippines takes on the big brands behind plastic waste. Click here to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.