Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Sunday 6 April 2014

EBB AND TIDE AND A HEAT FROG

 We should make the most of every single day, walking in love and blooming where we’re planted.
   Michelle Medlock Adams 

I love the birds that come to my garden - especially the Catbirds. I have a pair of Catbirds that frequent  the swamp oak outside my window.


But for some reason this bird keeps flying into my window this morning. It makes a terrible bang. I have been trying to get a photo of it hitting the window but just haven't been able to click at the right time.

Have faith in your calling.

I don’t think God gives us dreams or talents or passions at random; on the contrary, I think he calls us to follow the path he has envisioned for us, the one that allows us to live life to the fullest.  I honestly believe that writing is not just my lifelong dream, it is my calling.
Listening to that little voice in the back of your head that tells you to GO FOR IT can be downright terrifying sometimes, but it is also exhilarating.  If there is something you’ve been wanting to do or a dream you’ve wanted to pursue or a voice that has been nudging you to take action, DO IT!  Don’t wait.  Take the leap of faith and start today.  In the end, you’ll only ever regret the chances you didn’t take

Read more at http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2014/02/07/how-to-make-a-dream-come-true/#U46Q5AuTQ51bj064.99

Have faith in your calling.

I don’t think God gives us dreams or talents or passions at random; on the contrary, I think he calls us to follow the path he has envisioned for us, the one that allows us to live life to the fullest.  I honestly believe that writing is not just my lifelong dream, it is my calling.
Listening to that little voice in the back of your head that tells you to GO FOR IT can be downright terrifying sometimes, but it is also exhilarating.  If there is something you’ve been wanting to do or a dream you’ve wanted to pursue or a voice that has been nudging you to take action, DO IT!  Don’t wait.  Take the leap of faith and start today.  In the end, you’ll only ever regret the chances you didn’t take

Read more at http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2014/02/07/how-to-make-a-dream-come-true/#U46Q5AuTQ51bj064.99


don’t think God gives us dreams or talents or passions at random; on the contrary, I think he calls us to follow the path he has envisioned for us, the one that allows us to live life to the fullest.  I honestly believe that writing is not just my lifelong dream, it is my calling.
Listening to that little voice in the back of your head that tells you to GO FOR IT can be downright terrifying sometimes, but it is also exhilarating.  If there is something you’ve been wanting to do or a dream you’ve wanted to pursue or a voice that has been nudging you to take action, DO IT!  Don’t wait.  Take the leap of faith and start today.  In the end, you’ll only ever regret the chances you didn’t take

Read more at http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2014/02/07/how-to-make-a-dream-come-true/#U46Q5AuTQ51bj064.99
I have been working on making a new awning for our caravan. The original one has just worn out so I am making a new one from an old tent. I am not sure how it will go.

Here it is lying on  my backroom floor before being stitched together.



This is the awning so far. We attached it to the caravan to check it out.


So far so good.
P:-) and I had planned to be away at the moment, but we are having some trouble with the brakes on the caravan and P:-) has had difficulty obtaining the parts as it is quite old. As soon as the brakes are fixed and we are free of appointments we will be off to Davistown. Can't wait!

Part of fixing the brakes on the caravan required taking it for a short drive. We drove down to Towradgi Beach about 10 minutes away. I love this beach . It is where I grew up.

Towradgi Beach


Towradgi Beach

View across to Wollongpng from Towradgi Beach.

We walked around to Corrimal Beach and had coffee at the Ebb and Tide Cafe.




It was great coffee.


P:-) and I are both on pensions now and in order to make ends meet I have begun making birthday presents. P:-)'s youngest child B had her 26th birthday recently. I made her a heat frog.


Filled with barley and lavender it can be heated to make it quite warm.


It can be used on sore muscles or just to keep warm in winter. I attached some instructions.







Interesting Blog

Have faith in your calling.

I don’t think God gives us dreams or talents or passions at random; on the contrary, I think he calls us to follow the path he has envisioned for us, the one that allows us to live life to the fullest.  I honestly believe that writing is not just my lifelong dream, it is my calling.
Listening to that little voice in the back of your head that tells you to GO FOR IT can be downright terrifying sometimes, but it is also exhilarating.  If there is something you’ve been wanting to do or a dream you’ve wanted to pursue or a voice that has been nudging you to take action, DO IT!  Don’t wait.  Take the leap of faith and start today.  In the end, you’ll only ever regret the chances you didn’t take

Read more at http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2014/02/07/how-to-make-a-dream-come-true/#U46Q5AuTQ51bj06
I have just started following a blog named Emily Eva Alice which is very interesting as well as informative.

Photo source

  It is written by a young woman who is in remission from cancer. She is very positive and writes about her life. Click here if you would like to have a look.

Interesting sites

1.
 The Thousand Islands
Photo source
 The Thousand Islands is an archipelago consisting of exactly 1,864 islands that straddles the Canada-U.S. border in the Saint Lawrence River as it emerges from the northeast corner of Lake Ontario. They stretch for about 80 km on St. Lawrence Seaway, but the largest clustering of islands falls between Cape Vincent and Alexandria Bay in the United States and Kingston and Rockport in Canada. The islands range in size from over 40 square miles to smaller islands occupied by a single residence, to even smaller uninhabited outcroppings of rocks that are home to migratory waterfowl. The number of islands was determined using the criteria that any island must be above water level all year round, have an area greater than 1 square foot, and support at least one living tree. Click here to read more


2.

 Incredible wall murals

Photo source
Artist John Pugh is world famous for creating incredible wall murals that give the illusion of a three-dimensional scene behind the wall the art is painted on. Pugh has been creating his murals since the late 1970s and his particular mural style sparked the term known as “Narrative Illusionism”. Click here to check out some of his creations.


3.
 Grim images of Rana Plaza disaster

Photo source

The glitz and glamour of New York Fashion week was interrupted by grim images depicting the reality of the fast fashion industry this week. Labor activists forced designers and fans to acknowledge their contribution to the suffering of those who were killed or injured by the Rana Plaza disaster in Bangladesh. Labor activists were able to beam the faces of Rana Plaza’s victims onto the exterior of Lincoln Center during New York Fashion Week. Protestors also marched upon The Children’s Place, one of several retailers that have failed to compensate victims of the disaster.Click here to see more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.