Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Saturday 1 February 2014

NAMING CEREMONY

Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual. 
Ernest Hemingway


I have been enjoying being in my house. After thinking that I was going to have to leave for the last year it is lovely to be able to stay. I have been looking at the house and yard with new eyes. Noticing lots of little things I hadn't noticed for years.



We took a trip to Stanwell Park on Wednesday. Stanwell Park is a small town about 30 minutes up the coast. P:) sees his GP there. It was a lovely day for a drive.....





....and I managed to snap this view down the coast from the car. If you look closely you can see the famous Sea Cliff Bridge in the lower left hand corner.





On Saturday morning  P:-)'s little grandson Jake had his naming day at the Camellia Gardens, Caringbah South





It was a lovely sunny morning. A celebrant talked about the importance of babies and families. K and M recited their wishes for Jake for his life and made some special promises to him. The grandparents read a poem and I was included in this which was a real honor. A special candle was lit which Jake can light on his birthday every year.





The naming ceremony was followed by a picnic for morning tea.



The cake was beautiful as well as delicious.

 

It was a chocolate, 3 layered mudcake with chocolate ganache between the layers. Very rich!


I made Jake a felt name to hang on the wall.



I used to make these felt names years  ago and sell them. I used to make them with pickled people decorating  them. (For a number of years my neighbor and I used to hold a craft stall at various weekend markets.) I decided the pickled people were outdated so opted for some birds instead. I was quite pleased with the result.

I am really enjoying sewing on my new sewing machine, especially since after a couple of lessons I am learning about all the clever things my machine can do. 






My sewing/craft room is taking shape.




Interesting sites
1.


Prefab Tiny House

Photo source
 This is a great little prefab tiny house. Click here to read more.



2.
Blue Cave in Croatia
 
Photo source

The Blue Cave or Modra Špilja in the small island of Bisevo, Croatia is one of the most extraordinary caves in the world. Click here to read more. 



3.
Village on stilts in African lake

Photo source
 Ganvie is a peculiar village built on Lake Nokoué, just an hour north of the city of Cotonou, the administrative capital and the largest city of the Republic of Benin – a country in West Africa. The entire village stands on stilts in the middle of the lake. With a population of around 20,000 people, it is probably the largest lake village in Africa and as such is very popular with tourists. Click here to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.