Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Saturday 28 December 2013

CHRISTMAS


 Remember you don't have to get it perfect. Just get it started.
Mike Martel



It's been a while since my last post. Christmas preparations overtook me this year. When I wrote my last post I was in the middle of making Tim Tam balls and they turned out quite well and were yummy.



(To make Tim-Tam balls process 2 packets of Tim-Tams and with a 395 gram tin of condensed milk. Let the mixture firm in the fridge for 20 minute and then form into balls and roll in coconut.)


They were just the beginning . After that I went mad. Preparing 18 courses of finger food for a pre-Christmas dinner with P:-)'s children and grandchildren. There was no time to photograph anything. There was hardly time to sleep. I was worried there wouldn't be enough food but by the time we reached course 6 everybody was begging for mercy so I skipped the rest and presented dessert - rum balls made to look like miniature Christmas puddings; miniature cheese cakes; Tim-Tam balls; and a selection of fruit summer fruits.

Don't worry, I froze the left overs and P:-) and I will be living on them for the next few weeks.

This was P:-)'s table set, as we waited for our guests to come.






We went to church on Christmas Eve and then on Christmas morning we went to the house of P:-)'s daughter and her husband in Helensburgh. We had a beautiful breakfast in the new extension to their home. Note the beautiful yoghurt parfaits on the left. They were delicious - made with strawberries, bananas, blueberries, blackberries, granola and yoghurt.



The table was beautifully decorated with place cards made from silver stars.





The stylized tree in the corner matched the rest of the decor.



Christmas night I cooked dinner for my family including Jasper, my grand-dog, who was the star of the show in his little reindeer suit.



Boxing Day was spent at the house of P:-)'s son in Heathcote with P:-)'s extended family. The 5 little cousins enjoyed playing with each other outside.


All in all it was a lovely Christmas but one of the most exhausting I have ever had. That was my own fault. Next year I shall approach it all quite differently.



 Interesting Sites

1.

 Incredibly detailed drawings
Photo source
 This artist takes 2 years to do his incredibly detailed drawings. Click here to read more.

2.
 Algae on China beaches
Photo source
The seas off China have been hit by the largest ever growth of algae. Click here  to see some incredible photos. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a beautiful holiday! The parfait looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to comment.