Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Wednesday 23 October 2013

THE BEGINNING OF THE FIRES


The true secret of happiness lies in the taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.
William Morris

 

 

P's little granddaughter turned one recently. She had a beautiful birthday party held in the back yard of her grandmother at Helensburgh. All the food was pink and white.

 

 

The party girl was given the top layer of the cake to attack  and various play stations were set around the yard for the children attending.

 

 

P:-)'s daughter M is very talented  and created a beautiful atmosphere with lots of fun food.

Adults and kids had a great day.

 

This was the view from P:-)'s house last Thursday afternoon. This was just the beginning of the bushfire crisis in NSW over the past week.

 

Stories of the bush-fires dominated the news over the past week.

Bushfires in the Southern Highlands and the Blue Mountains caused a pall of smoke to hang over Wollongong. This is sunrise a few mornings ago.

 

 

The fires seem to have died down a little although there are still fires around. 

It takes me back to 1968 when I was in high school and fires ringed the city of Wollongong. I remember coming out of school at Corrimal, and pieces of ash were just falling out of the sky.

 

Of course I am always a little concerned during the bush fire season as my house backs onto the escarpment and my back yard is full of trees.

 

 

I must buy a new hose. P:-) washed my car for me recently and I discovered the hose had numerous leaks. If there did happen to be a fire it wouldn't be of much help.

 

 And have you ever seen a kettle like this? This is my daughter's kettle. It actually lights up and looks quite spectacular when it boils.

 

 

I have to get one!

 

 

 

 

Interesting sites

1.

Visit to the Abbey of Boyle in Ireland
Photo source

This is the newly renovated Abbey of Boyle on Ireland. The Abbey was finished around 1226. It is is the design of a Latin Cross. Click here to see some interesting photos and a description by a visitor.



2.
Beautiful bird silhouettes
Photo source
These are some beautiful silhouettes of birds. They are lovely photos. Click here to see them.

3.

6 tips for a new life after loss
Photo source
This article is by a woman who has been devastated by divorce. She has ideas for moving on. Worth a read if you have known loss. Click here to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.