Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Thursday 20 June 2013

SHELF LIVES


The first duty of love is to listen.
Paul Tillich  

My daughter J is having an exhibition in Gallery 9 in Darlinghurst, Sydney. It is entitled Shelf Lives. Most of it is felting.




(Some of the photos aren't great. I have just started using  PicMonkey photo editor and it cut off some of the tops of the portrait oriented photos.)

Prices for the art works  ranged from $100 to $300 per item. P:-) and I drove up to Darlinghurst yesterday to pick J and her partner up after a stay of a few days.  J had sold 3 items at the opening the evening before, so hopefully she will sell some more as the exhibition progresses.

I sold my book on Ebay. It only went for $5 plus $12 postage. But that is better than nothing. It would have just gone to the Salvation Army. This was only the 3rd sale I had made on Ebay. Each time I sell something I learn a little bit more about Ebay . I think from now on I won't put a starting price under $10.

My book sold on Ebay.
Yesterday  I was driving down the street  and stopped to take this photo of a rainbow.

Rainbow
I could actually see where this rainbow ended but as I moved closer the end seemed to move further away so sadly no pot of gold.


Interesting sites

1.

 Trees used as pillars
Photo source
I love this house. The trees, which the owners loved,  were growing on the property and had to be cut down to build an extension. So they were dried and smoked and used as pillars. The really great thing is that they were placed in the positions where they originally stood. What a great idea. Click here to read more and see more pictures.


2.


Don't chase happiness. Recognise it.


This article is about recognising happiness when you have it. It deals with the idea that you don't have to have a lot of possessions or money to be content. Click here to read it.


3.

5 good reasons to eat more chocolate 
Photo source
This article gives 5 good reasons to eat more chocolate. I'm not sure if I need any more reasons. There is also a recipe for Chocolatey Crunchy Granola adapted from the ‘I Quit Sugar Chocolate Cookbook‘ by Sarah Wilson. Click here to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.