Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Wednesday 15 May 2013

A WEDDING



My younger daughter R was married yesterday morning. It was a very small ceremony with 5 guests in the registry office in Wollongong.

Afterwards we had lunch for 10 at Litani's, a local Lebanese restaurant. We decorated simply with a few balloons....


...and a carrot cake which I made with a pair of felt mice for toppers.



 I will give the recipe for the cake and the link for the mice pattern in my next post.

Daughter R had  beautiful engagement and wedding rings designed and made by a family member  Penny at Meakins Jewellery.


The groom also had his ring designed and made by Penny.




The wedding and celebration were just as they wanted them - low key and very simple.The groom made a special effort and wore closed shoes. It was a very special day.




Interesting sites


1.
Photo source
 To build this house in Japan 2 trees that had stood for many years needed to be removed. They were used as part of the house interior.  Click here to read more.

2.
Photo source
Here are some great octopus cakes. Click here if you would like to see them. I came across these at Gleeful .

3.

Photo source
I have terrible trouble with clutter. I am wading through it and getting rid of lots of it as I get my house ready to sell. I thought this was an interesting article by someone with a similar problem. Click here to read it. 

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter's wedding sounds just perfect to me. There's so much hoo-haa involved in weddings these days, not to mention the expense.

    And carrot cake - yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to comment.