Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Friday 29 March 2013

GOOD FRIDAY




Only one thing has to change for us to know happiness in our lives:
where we focus our attention.
Greg Anderson



It is so important to focus our attention on the positive. The type of life we lead depends on whether we see the glass half empty or full. 


The fact of the matter is that each and every moment presents us with an opportunity to choose to see the perfection in our current circumstances. We might not be exactly where we WANT to be, but we are precisely where we’re SUPPOSED to be.

Bethany Butzer

I love writing my blog. I love the fact that people are interested enough to read it. I began writing for one main reason. I wanted to look at the good things that happened to me each day. I wanted to appreciate the small things - flowers, sunsets, the birds in my garden.

I write with my friends and family in mind. Some live in Australia and others don't. I like to think I have made a few friends through my blog as well - very sweet people from other blogs who take the time to leave comments. 

Life is presenting a few challenges for me at the moment but underlying these are the great positives I have in my life.

I am lucky to have a strong belief and faith in God. This underpins everything I do and gives purpose to life when sometimes there would seem to be little purpose. I don't see myself as particularly religious and I can mix with all types of people. Some of the closest people to me think I am crazy believing in God but I just do.











Today is Good Friday. P:-) and I went to church this morning.



In the back yard

P:-) spent quite a bit of time in my back yard this afternoon doing some clearing while I slept. I have had a bit of a stressful week and had some difficulty sleeping at night and it all seemed to catch up with me this afternoon.

Below are some Birds Nest ferns in my back yard.


I am enjoying my yard while I am still living here. Below is a tree fern down the side of my house.

'




Favourite rocks

When I was cutting back my front garden I unearthed a couple of rocks that I must take with me when I leave. I can't remember where they came from.


One is a large piece of petrified wood. 



If you look closely you can see the growth rings of the tree. 

The second rock is a piece of quartz with visible crystals.






Yummy Salad  

Once or twice during the week I make this salad. It is a meal in itself and very healthy. Sometimes I will cook some meat for P:-) and just have a big bowl of this salad for my dinner.


Ingredients


  • Half a small iceberg lettuce finely chopped
  • 2 cups of baby rocket chopped
  • 2 green onions chopped
  • 1 grated carrot
  • 1 425 gm can  chopped champignons
  • 1 diced avocado
  • Splosh of extra virgin olive oil to taste
  • Splosh of balsamic vinegar to taste.
Method

Mix all vegetables then add oil and vinegar.









Interesting sites
1.
Photo source
 This house in Texas has been dug into the earth and then covered in thick green sods on the roof. According to the architects the house is a modern interpretation of a Native American pit house. Click here to view a slide show showing aspects of this house. 


2.

Photo source
New Zealand is a beautiful country. Harvey Jones travels around the South Island and writes a blog. Click here to see some beautiful scenery from the South Island of New Zealand.

3.

Photo source
 During the year I donated a small amount to Wikipedia as I use it a lot. I was sent an email with a video about some of the people who have written for Wikipedia. Click here if you would like to see it. It only takes 4 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.