Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Monday 18 February 2013

MORE MERRY BEACH



I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next.

 Gilda Radner

What can I say? Life doesn't always go the way we plan. In the last few years mine hasn't. I don't know what will happen next but it is an adventure. I was unexpectedly made redundant from my job of 15 years. I don't need much but I do need to be able to help my children financially. So I plan to sell my house for somewhere much smaller, and provide an income stream.

I am going to apply for a part-time office position advertised in the local paper. It  requires a 'mature minded person' with reasonable computer skills and good communication skills. I shall let you know how I go.

Meanwhile I continue culling stuff from my house. Today I attacked my bathroom and removed the items below, all ready for the Salvation Army. I have a garage full of stuff to donate so sometime this week we shall load up P:-)'s van and take it in.

Items culled from the bathroom



More Merry Beach

Back to Merry Beach.
On our second day we walked over to Kioloa Beach, just a kilometre or so away.

Kioloa Beach

The beautiful blue water and shape of this beach remind me of Wineglass Bay, recognised across the world as one of Tasmania’s iconic destinations. The South Coast of New South Wales really does have beautiful beaches.

We walked back past a field of vigilant kangaroos who stood alert and watched us as we strolled by.

Kangaroos in field



Kangaroos in field

As evening approached, this tall eucalyptus tree in the caravan park was silhouetted against the soft sunset.



The beach is a stone's throw away. I love falling asleep to the sound of the sea breaking on the shore. It reminds me of when I was a child and I lived in my beloved home on the beach. I love the sound of soft night rain on the caravan roof. It makes me feel so cozy inside.

Interesting sites

1.
Photo source
Click here    to read about a double story Latvian houseboat for all seasons.

2.

Photo source
Click here to read about the restoration of this caravan.

3.
 
Photo source
I was surprised to read that Gaudi, the architect of Casa Mila died as early as 1926. Click here to view Casa Mila. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.