Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Thursday 17 January 2013

LITTLE JASPER AND VIEWS AROUND TOWN


 

Who is strong? He that can conquer his bad habits.
Benjamin Franklin

I have so many bad habits. One of my worst ones is a tendency not to put things away - in fact I have a tendency not to even find homes for things in the first place and just let them sit around. Hence I am going through many boxes of school stuff, where rather than organising things carefully I have just stuck things around the place and finally stacked them in boxes to get them out of the way.

I read an article called Zero Clutter. You will find it at  http://zenhabits.net/zero/

It begins:

Today I’m going to introduce you to a method I call Zero Clutter. It’s about only having the essential things in your life, and clearing out the rest. It’s about developing the habits that keep your life clutter-free, and learning to put things where they belong every time, so that clutter doesn’t accumulate.

 Because I have been made redundant from my job I have decided that the best recourse is to sell my house and find somewhere smaller. I am hoping that with my downsizing and simplifying my life and possessions,  that I will change - that through necessity I will become tidy. I live with a constant feeling that I should be cleaning up so it will be great to have everything tidy and away in its home.

Vintage shell graphic


Little Jasper

My daughter R and her partner B have been down the coast for a couple of days so they left their little dog Jasper with me. My house isn't ideal for dogs as I have no fences but we get by. He is a lovely little fellow and great company.










Jasper is a Miniature Foxie. He is 4 years old. Most of the time, unless he is with another dog, he thinks he is a person, and I must admit there are times I forget he is a dog as well.
I would love to have a dog of my own but feel I am out far too much to be good company for a dog.



Scenes around town

There is a beautiful view out to sea from where I post my letters. It is especially pretty on a hot day when there is a haze out on the water.

After I had popped my letters in the letter-box I snapped these couple of pictures. They are views out to the Tasman Sea.





There was a number of oil tankers waiting to dock at Port Kembla Harbour.



Sunset at P:-)'s place is lovely over Lake Illawarra..




I snapped this pelican on a pole on our weekly walk around Wollongong Harbour .




What would you do?



What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

This made me stop and think. 

I have been made redundant from a teaching position I had for 15 years. I am 58 so there aren't a lot of prospective employers waiting to snap me up. I don't think casual teaching back in mainstream secondary school at my age is a realistic option.

What would I do if I knew I could not fail?

I don't really know. Something creative. I think I would like to own my own business. But what and how? That is the question.



Interesting sites

1.

Photo source
Click here to see some hobbit inspired houses.

2.
Photo source
 Click here to see some beautiful pictures of jellyfish. 

3.
Photo source
  Click here to see some lovely photos of Yosemite National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.