Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Sunday 2 December 2012

SIMPLICITY, SIMPLICITY, SIMPLICITY

 

Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity!
Henry David Thoreau

 

 I am coming to believe this. I have been a collector and a clutterer. I am changing my life. I am going to move from a 4 bedroom house where I live on my own to somewhere very small. (Not sure where yet.) This is largely through necessity as my financial circumstances are changing, but I also think it is going to be a good thing to streamline my life. Two of my rooms are just storage rooms for my daughters so they are going to have to cull a lot of their stuff as well. 

Sometimes it all seems a little overwhelming. How am I going to do it? I think the answer will be to cull and recull and probably recull. P:-)  has taken two loads of stuff in his van to the Salvation Army, so that is a good start.

 

So that is my new motto - Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity!

 

Vintage botanical print.

  

 

J sells her exhibition


A couple of posts ago I wrote about my daughter J and her art exhibition here. Good news! Her exhibition entitled Peltry at the local Wollongong Art Gallery has been bought by the gallery for $5 000. How exciting!

Here are a couple of reminder photos.






Double Greek Quiche

We have a couple of family occasions coming up. I will be making my Greek Quiche which caters for vegetarians. I decided to practice a double batch so I could get the tight size dish and cooking time.

I have had this recipe for years. I found it on the back of a soup packet. It is very tasty and simple.

Greek quiche.

Recipe

Serves 8

*This is a crustless quiche.

Mix the following:
300grams mushrooms sliced.
2 Packets of dry  French onion soup.
400 grams crumbled Feta cheese
2 cups milk
8 lightly beaten eggs.

Pour mixture into dish. I used a shallow dish 22cm by 29 cm.

Halve a punnet of mini tomatoes and place them on top of the mixture cut side up.
Sprinkle on some chopped shallots, a little dried basil and oregano.

Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 40 minutes of until top is browned and quiche is set in the middle.

This is best served cold after after refrigerating over night.

Interesting sites

1.
Photo source
 Click here  to visit the world's largest greenhouse known as Eden.




2.

Photo source
Click here to read about the 7 habits of extraordinary people.

3.
Photo source
 Psychopaths have a poor sense of smell. Click here to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.