Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Sunday 14 October 2012

A PARTY AND A BOOK

 To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition, the end to which every enterprise and labour tends.


Samuel Johnson



I have made a decision to finish up work now and take leave until the end of the year at which time I will be made redundant. So I have finished up my work at the small school where I was teaching. 

I am trying to remain cheerful and on top of things but I guess this is one of those big changes in life which can really affect you. Being made redundant was a bolt out of the blue. I thought I had a safe job for at least another 10 years.

I have given things a lot of thought and visited a financial adviser.

My most realistic option is to look at retiring which means I will need to sell my house and go for something smaller. This means considerable reorganizing and culling and fixing of bits that need fixing.

Meanwhile life goes on.

P:-) and I attended the 3rd birthday party of P:-)'s eldest granddaughter. It was held at Woronora Dam.

Number 3 balloon

 The birthday cake was beautiful and delicious!!
  

Birthday cake.

The weather wasn't very good but we were under a covered area so all was well.

Nothing sparks my excitement  like a parcel from Amazon on my doorstep.

Parcel from Amazon




This was a book I bought with a birthday voucher from my brother G and his partner D - Walden  by Henry David Thoreau.

Walden  

It is the 150th Anniversary edition and has beautiful photos of Walden Pond and the surrounds.

.
Walden Pond
Walden Pond in Autumn


Question number 5 in the keys to the heart is:

What are your strengths?

I considered this question and nothing much came to mind. But I see myself as a strong person in general. There are some difficult things I have had to deal with, and am still dealing with in my life and I feel I am doing this is a positive way. I feel that I can deal with whatever life throws me and do it in my stride with God's help.

I am creative.
I have a good sense of humour.

As I gave the question a little more thought loyalty came to mind. I am very loyal to the people I love. And then something else which I think is a strength  is that I can enjoy the small moments in life. I try to enjoy 'the journey' not just the destinations.

This is what this blog is about - my journey.


Interesting sites

1.
Photo source
 This house is very unassuming on the outside but beautiful inside. Click here to see more.

2.
Photo source


Click here to see a cute video made by a year 5 student who experiments with food and sizes of chicken eggs.

3.
Photo source
  Click here to see some beautiful nature photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.