Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Sunday 20 May 2012

LATE MOTHERS DAY

 
Exuberance is beauty.
William Blake


The week has been very busy. I have been writing and rewriting my job application for the position I already hold at the small school where I teach. Management is changing and this means reapplying for the job I already have. I have no idea of what my chances are, but every spare minute has been spent refining and refining my application. My brother and my daughters have been very helpful, proof reading and editing and suggesting layouts and the way it should be sent.

I am just about finished and quite pleased with the result. Well I have given it my best shot and now it is in God's hands - once I send it off.

Last weekend was Mothers' Day. we had a family lunch at a favorite Lebanese restaurant known as Litanis. My daughter J and partner F bought me a large solar toadstool.

Solar Toadstool


Daughter R and partner B gave me some vases.

Vases
The vases go well with the candlesticks daughter R made me for Christmas from coffee table legs and terracotta saucers.

Vases in situ
Daughter R and B also gave me some lovely owl trivets but I haven't had time to put them up yet.

P :-) and I did some work in my backyard yesterday. It is very overgrown.

Overgrown yard


P:-) all set for work

Sea of syngonium
P:-) chopped a couple of trees down for me. They were fairly small and had just popped up.

Tree to come down
There were some small gems among the chaos.  These bromeliads were flowering.

Baby bromeliads

Baby bromeliad close up.







And every now and then a maidenhair fern popped out from under all the syngoniums that had taken over the garden.

Maidenhair fern






 Interesting sites

1.
Photo source
 Click here to see some beautiful examples of painted furniture.


2.
Photo credit
 These beautiful patterns in the sand wash away with the tide. Click here to see more beautiful patterns.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.