Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Monday 30 April 2012

WORONORA DAM

 Blessed is the person who is too busy to worry in the daytime and too sleepy to worry at night.
Unknown

On the blog  Meant to Be Happy  Ken Wert writes about 6 Obsessions That Will Make You A Better Person.The 6 areas that he looks at are:
  • family
  • values
  • health
  • learning
  • making a difference
  • balance.
He states that these are the things we should be obsessed with. I agree that these are things that are necessary to make life fulfilling.
  •  In my own life my beliefs and values underpin everything else. My Christian beliefs make me who and what I am.
  •  P:-) and my family are most important to me. They are the reasons I do most things, including looking after myself. I need to be strong and independent for my family.
  • I look after my health reasonably well. I don't do enough exercise (although I always plan to) and I do have the occasional binge (especially on chocolate Flakes that I have around the place for Manna House. )
  • Learning is really important to me. It is part of living and growing. I am always reading and investigating things, especially to do with food and self help.
  •  I like to think I am making a difference in my work that I do with young people with behavior problems and in my work for Manna House
  • And finally, I think I have a pretty balanced life. I would like to spend my time bring a bit more creative - I love craft - but there just isn't enough time.
One of the things I have learned over time is that you cannot be happy just hoping all those who you love will be happy and getting your happiness from them. You have to work to your full potential to make yourself a complete person.

Vintage flowers
The last week has been very busy. I haven't managed to do a a post for a week.


The minister from church gave me a lovely reference. I was very pleased with it.


On Saturday we went to Woronora Dam for a picnic for P:-)'s eldest son's birthday.  It was a lovely day and we walked down to the dam.


Spillage from dam




Dam Wall






Dam Wall






View across dam


I am hoping to be better organized this week. I was up early this morning and that made all the difference. Mornings aren't usually my best time, but for some reason I felt good this morning and have been up since 5, doing dishes and writing this.





Interesting sites

1.
Photo source
 I would love to live in this house. Click here to read more about it.


2.
Photo source
  Click here to see some fascinating bikes that turn into strollers.

3.
Photo source
  Click here to read about this beautiful old Bedford truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.