Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Thursday 15 March 2012

FAIRY WRENS AND TOADSTOOLS

 If you look for joy, you will find joy. If you look for trouble, that’s what you’ll find. 

Courtney Carver  

I have been very busy lately. P:-) has retired and I have been spending a lot of time with him, helping him ease into retirement. It hasn't left a lot of time for blogging.

The days have been passing remarkably. I am looking forward to school holidays in three weeks time.


Fairy Wrens
I have at least one family of Fairy Wrens living in my front garden. These are little native birds. They are hard to photograph as they are constantly moving. The females are just a plain brown.

Female fairy wrens
Female fairy wren

Female Fairy Wren
The males seem to be far more elusive and I only managed to catch a glimpse of the male through some leaves.

Glimpse of the male Fairy Wren
The male is a very pretty bright blue and black.

I know it is a family as I saw the mother feeding the babies, even though they can fly.

They are quite noisy but very difficult to spot.

Solar toadstools

I couldn't understand why my solar toadstool lights weren't working and finally realized I hadn't turned them on. This is the photo without using the flash on the camera.

Solar toadstool lights
This is the photo using the flash.

Photo with flash.
I need to take a photo just on twilight to get a really good picture.


Interesting sites
1.
Photo credit
 This beautiful s story apartment above the arctic circle uses no external heating. Click here  to read about it. 


2.
Photo credit
Why is poo brown when we eat food of all colors? Click here to fin out why from Dr Karl

3.
Photo credit
  Click here to see the 8 most colorful cities in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.