Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Wednesday 8 February 2012

GOODBYE BOOKS

 A ship in a harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for. 

Socrates (469-399 BC)

A safe life may be easy but perhaps not as fulfilling as a life with a few risks. One of the biggest risks I have taken is going on line to meet someone. I met P:-) who has certainly made my life far richer. To begin with some people were quite shocked that I would do such a thing, and I did have some interesting experiences, but it was definitely all worth it.

 Books

 My last venture to the Salvo's netted me two books.

Recent book purchases

 This necessitated sending 4 books out of the house. (My rule is that for every book I purchase, 2 must go)

My daughter J has begun experimenting with vegan ice-cream so she was pleased to receive Ice-creams, Sorbets and Frozen Delights by Carol Odell.

Book for daughter J
 The other 3 books I found on a shelf of books I hadn't touched for years.



An Invisible Sign Of My Own was an interesting fictional story about a person with obsessive compulsive disorder. The other are two non-fiction.

The Sea Around Us was written by Rachel Carson , a forward looking marine biologist of the first half of the 20th Century who was instrumental to the beginning of caring for the environment.

Rachel Carson 1940 Photo Source

I thought of giving Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus to my daughters to read. But as modern young women with lovely partners I think they are pretty well on top of all that.

Plumbago

We had dinner at my mother's last night, which was lovely as always, and I snapped these pictures of Plumbago in her front garden.

Plumbago
Plumbago
Plumbago


Interesting sites


1.

Photo: Source
This is an incredible house, if a bit stark.  Click here to read about it.

2.
Photo: Source
Click here to read about scientists planning to pour water into a dormant volcano as a means to cheap energy.

3.
Photo: Source
 JAMESPLUMB uses up-cycled materials to create romantic interiors. Click here to read about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.