Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Friday 10 February 2012

EVENING LIGHT

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted

Aesop (c.620-564 BC)

Sometimes there seems to be so much wrong with the world and so much injustice, that it all seems insurmountable.
 Most of us can only do small things but they are still important, especially to those to whom the kindnesses  are given.
When my husband left me, a member of my bible study group - not a close friend - invited me to dinner at her place once a week. This meant so much to me at the time. I have since lost touch with the friend but look back on her kindness with great appreciation. It was one of those small things that helped get me through that terrible time. She had been through a similar experience so I expect she understood.


Thankful

I have 2 things to be thankful for today. This morning I had no hot water. I thought I was going to have to ring a plumber but it turned out it only needed a flick of a switch in my meter box. A big relief.

The second thing was that I had a checkup at the dentist and all I needed was the one filling I was already aware of. Now I don't have to see the dentist for another 6 to 12 months. Another big relief.

Picture Hanging

I decided to hang this picture that I bought at the Salvo's for $3 in my front hallway. Originally I was only going to use the frame but decided to hang it intact - at least temporarily.

Oil painting from Salvo's
This was written on the back.


Back of painting
The painting seems to have been done in New Zealand and be called Evening Light. I wish it had a date on it.

I hung Evening Light next to a larger picture my daughter R had painted in acrylics a number of years ago.

Paintings in hall
Front hall

Front hall


Hallway 4 moths ago.
Hallway today
My front hall still needs a lot done to it in the way of painting, but I am pleased with the way it is coming along.

Interesting sites

1.

Photo credit
This is a container used as an artist's loft. Click here to read all about it.



2.
Photo credit
 Click here to see more pictures of this building in Japan with an expressway through the bottom of it. 

3.
Photo credit
Click here to see more pictures of this incredible library parking station in Kansas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.