Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Tuesday 17 January 2012

WE REMEMBER MOMENTS

 We do not remember days, we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese (1908-1950) from The Burning Brand

This is what this blog is all about - noticing and appreciating the small things in life - the moments - as well as the big things.
Agapanthus in my garden

This quite is relevant to me today. I am home now after about six weeks of Christmas and New Year and coming and going and lots of fun and busyness. Monday was our first day back from our week at Lake Conjola. I meant to hit the ground running but have tended to be a bit flat. P:-) is back at work. I have school work to prepare. Everything is back to normal. So I have to work at staying on top of things and not being a blob around the house.

You might be thinking that if normal is so bad, why don't I change things? I do try. And things do change slowly, but there are some things that aren't that easy to change when you have responsibilities. I really feel it is my attitude I have to work on.

And I should note at this moment that there are many, many things I am thankful for. I am not complaining. I just have to work to get myself back into the groove - the way things were before the run up to Christmas.

So what will I write about today? No lake vistas. No wild animals. No lattes.

Today I will have be vigilant so I spot the small things that are worth noting - the moments.


A trip to the Salvation Army Store was just what I needed. I was depositing some old Christmas decorations and bits and pieces and bought this vase.

Blue vase

Blue is my color and my house is painted blue, so this was a great find.

It inspired me to redo the windowsill in my front hall. It needed redoing after Christmas and I went for a more minimalist approach. 

Vase and goblets

I found these glass goblets in a spare bedroom and teamed with with the vase.

My agapanthus are blooming  in my front garden.

Agapanthus in front garden



Agapanthus

I have a large glass bowl that I bought at the Salvation Army Store for $4 and filled it with agapanthus.

Agapanthus in glass bowl
I placed the bowl of agapanthus at the end of the hall.


End of front hall

The Weclcome sign was on special  at my local pharmacist. I like it as it matched the creamy color of my floor.

I was quite pleased with the final picture, although it is only very temporary as the flowers will fade.



 Interesting sites

1.
Photo:Source
These beautiful old cottages have been made into one family home in Ireland. Click here to read all about it

2.
Photo: Source
  Click here to see this amazing rock restaurant in Zanzibar.

3.
Photo:Source
  Click here to see some pictures of this tiny house on stilts in the wilderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.