Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Wednesday 4 January 2012

DAY TWO AT DAVISTOWN

 The potential of the average person is like a huge ocean unsailed, a new continent unexplored, a world of possibilities waiting to be released and channeled toward some great good.
Brian Tracy

 It is sad that all too often we are told what we can't do. Scattered through history are those people who disregarded this and became rags to riches stories. People who came as migrants to Australia with no money and built up great financial empires. Women who over the centuries defied their traditional role and made great progress in medicine and science.People who despite tragic childhoods have won out against the odds and reached their potential as so few of us do.What is it that these people have? Is it passion? Determination? Willpower? Creative thinking? 

I don't have a lot of years left - maybe 20. But I am determined to live life as fully as I can (and can afford). I have to remember there is a world of possibilities out there, and just not be too scared to try them.



Dandelion at Davistown
 Day two arrived at Davistown, beautiful and blue and sunny.
P:-) decided he was going to do some repairs on the old house where boards were coming off the wall, so I settled myself down near him with a book. That way I could give him some help when he needed it. I spread out my towel in the shade and really enjoyed my time, hopping up every now and then to pass something to P:-) up on the ladder.


I had a very relaxing time - so relaxing that I woke up to find myself alone, with P:-) and all his tools and ladder disappeared.

But I did take some interesting photos around me, from ground level, of the lush moss that was growing at the side of the house.

Moss by the side of the house
I also liked the photo below. It is only a weed but I like it set against the fence.

Weed near fence


By this time it was very low tide across the road.

Davistown across the road from the house

At night the soldier crabs can be heard clicking away just below the surface of the water. It is quite eerie.
 
In the afternoon we decided to drive to Woy Woy. I thought it looked so pretty from the boat. We took the scenic route through Brisbane Waters National Park .

Brisbane Waters National Park

View of Woy Woy
 

 Above, in the center of the photo, is a view of Woy Woy from Staples Lookout in Brisbane Waters National Park. 


It was a hot day and we wandered around Woy Woy before buying fish and salad at the Fisherman's Wharf as the evening grew cooler.

We returned to Davistown just on sunset.

Sunset at Davistown

Sunset at Davistown



Interesting sites

1.

 This house in Canada has a beautiful view, especially from the bathroom. Click here to read more

2.
  Click here to see famous paintings recreated in balloons.

3.
  Click here to see some fascinating photos of Monsanto - a village built among rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.